Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Musings on Revelation

As you all know the past year has been one of change and learning for me. It had been a time where I have learned a lot about myself and about receiving revelation. For the last month or so I have prayed about a specific question and felt as if I received an answer but would second guess myself. One day while pondering revelation, faith, and a sure knowledge I had the following thoughts.

As Relief Society President for a year my counselors and I frequently sought revelation in coordinating visiting teaching assignments. Very rarely did we have strong impressions of who should visit who. Most of the time we thought of a name and one or more of us would say, "I feel good about that." We then trusted that the Lord had guided our efforts. By the end of the school year it was clear that those "good about that" moments were inspiration. It was never a sure knowledge. Only after the year passed could we see the Lord's hand as sisters who visit taught each other became roommates or asked to continue with their companions or teachees. I stress a lot about making right decisions. I think it is easy to forget that it doesn't matter how big the decision is. Sometimes the answer to our prayers is a simple "I feel good about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment