It is a disconcerting feeling to be in between. I feel like that is where I am now: in between youth and adulthood, college and career, single and dating. In today's society everything is so fast paced. We need to be constantly moving forward or we will be left behind. Since I have graduated I have felt this nagging pressure to find a job and move on with my life, settle down and stop roaming. Yet I have no idea where to go to look for a job. I would love to teach in DC again but it's so far from family. I'm sort of dating someone right now who lives in Utah so do I go there? Many questions with very few answers.
Yet amidst all this stress and confusion there has come a sense of peace. For too long I got caught up in the mystery of the future, trying unsuccessfully to piece together the what will be. Slowly I am learning to take things one day at a time, one step at a time. While I still have freak out moments I'm learning to trust that the Lord knows what He is doing and will direct my path because I can't see ahead in the darkness. I might not get a job next week or next month but when the time is right as I keep moving forward I will know. Maybe it is not so bad being in between. Maybe I'm really in between something great and something wonderful. I do know that whatever the Lord has in store for me is something better than I would have ever chosen for myself. He knows the end from the beginning and for a brief while I get to hang out in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment